The international Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Research and Studies on Eastern Europe (MIREES) is a Second cycle Joint Degree(120 ECTS), conferred by the University of Bologna (Forlì Campus), the Vytautas Magnus University at Kaunas, the Corvinus University of Budapest, and the Saint-Petersburg State University. The program is jointly carried out with the cooperation of the University of Ljubljana.
Advantages of having a master’s in interdisciplinary research are as follows:
- Today, research is not something which is confined to one area of study. The various subjects have become so interlinked that it is very important to master in related subjects. This will make the research process easier and perfect.
- Interdisciplinary research aims at creating professions who are overall masters of various skills. It helps in preparing the researcher to analyze, assess and manage problems on international dynamism.
- The opportunity to learn vital issues related to economics, politics, and culture is not available in various other branches of studies. Only interdisciplinary research provides this unique opportunity.
- The holder of this masters will have hot opportunities to work in NGOs across various nations.
- The researcher gets academic and professional training.
If a person really wants an altogether unique and challenging career, he can find this masters degree as a wonderful opportunity.
Nowadays the world has become a complex place of existence. There is a constant need to develop a knowledge base which can serve as a bridge between various fields of specialization. Say, for example, one has to understand history as well as politics to work on peace education. A person has to be a legal expert as well as humanitarian to understand and implement the judicial system. Similarly, one has to understand the cultural differences and socio-economic conditions to frame the law and strengthen democracy. Definitely, interdisciplinary research will help the world to create multi-faceted talents who can bring harmony. It can reduce the frictions due to limitations in understanding in other fields of specialization.
MIREES is an innovative graduate programme, taught entirely in English , unique in Italy and Europe, devoted to students that have a BA background in Economics, Politics, International Relations, History, Agricultural or Cultural studies at large, and would now like to acquire a specialized, in-depth knowledge of the Post-socialist Countries in transition, the new EU member States after the Enlargements of 2004 and 2007, as well as the New East-European Neighbour Countries.